We’re still reminiscing every minute of our LA trip for a collaboration with Samsung last month! Can’t wait to share our full LA Travel Guide and 360 experience in the vlog in the next weeks. And for now we already wanted to share with you this incredible place where we stayed a night: The Line Hotel.
We booked 2 lovely Airbnb houses in Venice during our week in LA, but wanted to stay somewhere special around Hollywood for a night and combine with our hiking trip to the Hollywood sign. We contacted our friend and Los Angeles insider Melissa from The Perfect Hideaway (our favorite booking website, she curates the most amazing spaces around the world to stay!) and Melissa recommended us to stay The Line Hotel in Koreatown.
The Line Hotel is located in Koreatown, a neighboorhood filled with bars, restaurants and kind of has a business vibe with high buildings. You need to have a car to get around, grab the subway across the street or use one of the free bikes the hotel has available (love this!). And it was such an incredible place! We went for the room with the Hollywood Hills view, which was absolutely worth it. Seriously could not stop staring at the view on the hills and spotting the Hollywood sign. Somehow it feels very magical to see it every time.
What we like
- The location is super central:The hotel is close to downtown (3km), Hollywood (3km), Silverlake (3,5km) and Beverly Hills (6km). So we used these 2 days to go hiking and explore Hollywood!
- Perfect to combine with a hiking trip to the Hollywood Sign (all pictures and vlog coming soon!) Tip: park at the Horse Ranch for a shorter hike of 45min. as alternative from Griffith Observatory, which is a hike of approx. 2 hours.
- You wouldn’t have to leave the hotel, as there’s great restaurants, a rooftop pool and even a club in the Hotel.
- The famous greenhouse (which you must’ve spotted around Pinterest or Instagram before!) next to the pool is home for jungalow style restaurant the The Commissary, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Pot is Roy Choi’s other restaurant in the hotel offering yummy Korean dinner. Downstairs in the lobby you can find a super cute store called Poketo, a small Cafe and cocktail bar, which (as we heard, we we’re here on a Monday night!) turns into a lounge on the weekends and…
- O M G an 80’s Korean Kareoke club called Breakroom 86 is open Tuesday – Saturday to sing and boogie all night long. They creatives behind this concept also set up The Speek, special rooms for the clubbers at the hotel.
- And.. we heard in the Summer they have pool parties each Saturday. We need to go back! :))
- PS. Best donut shop in LA is around the corner! California Donuts obsessed
Hope you enjoy our little photo diary of our stay!