We thought it was about time for some new tropical island vibes on the blog! In the last months, we’ve visited our favorite neighbor islands Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan twice. First one was in July for a campaign we shot for this amazing shoe brand Manebi at all our favorite spots on the island (check out our vlog about this weekend below or click here!). And last weekend Pris and Arnaud took a little weekend getaway for a birthday celebration of one of our good friends Lara.
Weekend escape Nusa Lembongan & Ceningan July 2018
Since the first time we set foot on Nusa Lembongan 10 years ago, quite a lot has changed. At that time, the electricity went off at night and there were only a few places to sleep let alone eat. Nowadays the islands are filled with amazing villas, resorts and cozy island stays, cool cafes and beach hangouts. Although it’s busier now, it still has that super chill island vibe. No better place to get sunkissed! We are still so in love with the white sand beaches and Maldives colored water.
Our last blog post with a travel guide for Nusa Lembongan & Ceningan we wrote 2 years ago so let’s do a little update for you guys and do a little photo diary of our trips. And did you check out our Nusa Penida Travel Guide already?
30 X TIPS FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP TO NUSA LEMBONGAN & NUSA CENINGAN
How to get to Nusa Lembongan
Take the boat from Sanur, we usually take Rocky Boat – it has a free pick-up and drop-off service to your hotel included in the price. It’s a quick ride of only 30 minutes and if you’re lucky you’ll see dolphins!
Rent a bike at your island stay or when you arrive at the harbor. It’ll be around 75.000 Rupiah per day. It’s easy to drive around Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan (with the famous yellow bridge connecting the two islands). There are no cars, except for the buggy’s to pick up passengers from the boat to bring them to the hotels.
Tip: download the map of Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Ceningan online with Google Maps and you’re good to cruize!
How long should I stay?
We usually stay 2 or 3 nights, as it’s a small island and there isn’t much to do so it depends on your vacay goals and the time you’ve got. Nusa Lembongan is closer than the Gili Islands (which takes about 1,5 hours per boat and 1,5 hour by car to Padang Bai) so it’s a perfect option for a quick getaway. It’s even nice for a 1-day trip.
Where to stay
The island has many resorts, villas and homestays in all budget ranges. Last July we stayed at The Tamarind Resort and last weekend we stayed at Tigerlilly’s (we’ve been here a few times before, it’s our fave!). Here’s a little list of the places we’ve been in the past few years which we love:
1. The Tamarind Resort: chill villas with a view and a floating breakfast for the win!
2. Tenang Villas: Just a walk away from The Deck and right in front of surf spot Playgrounds
3. Batu Karang: for the luxury lovers (just above The Deck)
4. Tigerlilly Boutique Hotel: Favorite tropical lush getaway
5. Le Pirate Beach Club: Cozy tropical bungalows overlooking the turquoise sea at Ceningan.
6. Dream Beach Huts: Sleep right on the beach
7. Komodo Garden: Cute bungalows close to all the best beaches
8. Sayang Lembongan: dreamiest luxury villa on the island with private beach
9. Ketut Losmen: low budget homestay with surf spot Shipwreck just out front (this is where we stayed in our first years!)
Favorite spots Nusa Lembongan:
10. Ohana: all day beach lounge and sunset spots right in front of surf spot Shipwrecks. Boutique villas opening also soon.
11. The Deck: for breakfast and/or sunset! Our favorite view over Jungut Batu Beach.
12. Sandy Bay Beach Club: Have lunch and pool hangs and/or dinner
13. The Walking Tree: just before the entrance there’s a nice swimwear and island goodies boutique.
14. SUP! Rent a SUPboard at mushroom bay or The coral shop on the main bay (or just below the stairs on the beach there is a local family renting our great boards!)
15. Surf at Playgrounds or Shipwrecks
16. Mushroom beach: white sand, blue water, all you need.
17. Dream Beach: favorite beach to hang out and watch the waves roll in. Wild and raw, yet so dreamy
18. Sandy Bay ‘sunset’ Beach: combine with sunset dinner at Sandy Bay Beach Club.
19. Nyoman’s Warung: Our fave local spot since day one. Fresh fish on the BBQ!
20. Warung Bambu: next to Nyomans Warung, local goodness.
21. Tigerlilly’s: not only amazing to stay but our favorite pitstop for lunch or dinner.
22. Serenity Yoga: grab a yoga class in between beaching
Favorite spots Nusa Ceningan:
23. The Sand: all day chill beach bar with swings and hammocks out front
24. Le Pirate: not only amazing to stay but also to stop for lunch, drinks or dinner.
25. Seabreeze: fun hang out and restaurant next to The Sand
26. Blue Lagoon: dreamy cliff views over the most turquiose waters you’ve ever seen
27. Mahana Point: breathtaking view and cliff jumping for the adventurous ones.
28. Surf at Ceningans
29. Secret Beach: raw, wild, amazing white sand beach.
30. Take a boat trip to snorkel with manta rays at Nusa Penida. We went with captain Ketut via The Lembongan Traveler. It’s absolutely beyond incredible. Or check your hotel/bungalow, they usually offer arrange this trip as well. Or take a day trip to Nusa Penida, the bigger, amazing raw nature island next to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. For the adventurous travelers you can go hiking, trekking, diving, snorkeling – also great to stay for a few days and explore. Check all our Nusa Penida tips here.
Pris & Eve
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
Our breakfast bowls at The Tamarind Resort
A coconut pitstop at our favorite spot: The Deck
On Instagram we we’re still ‘hiding’ Eve’s babybump! Around 16 weeks pregnant here. Wearing our own Aloha Dress in Flower Print!Always in our favorite Gooseberry Seaside kini’s
The Sand in Nusa Ceningan, perfect all day chill spot!
The view from our Villa rooftop at The Tamarind Resort (wearing Faithfull the Brand)
Blue Lagoon, our favorite view
Pris and Arnaud Diving into Mushroom Beach last weekend!Sun’s out bumps out!
Outdoor shower obsession at Tigerlilly’sOur favorite island stay, Tigelilly’s!
Also check out our Nusa Penida Travel Guide!