Canggu… good food, good vibes, good waves! When traveling around Bali, Canggu is a perfect place to settle down and enjoy days filled with food, coffee, sipping on coconuts, cruising on a bicycle through rice field shortcuts, beachwalks and surfing all day. For a new Welikebali project – which we’re about to reveal to all of you soooooon! – stayed over at Villa Puri Aman for a few days with our friends. We discovered this gem on Airbnb. An incredible 3 bedroom villa, located in a quiet gang (laneway) right on Batu Bolong, the heart of Canggu.
We had an amazing stay and want to share some of our photos and tips in this area with you! Enjoy and let us know your favorite things around Canggu in the comments, would LOVE to hear.
// Neighbordhood: Canggu, Batu Bolong
Canggu is a little surfertown on the westcoast next to Seminyak. Canggu grew into a super popular base for young tourists, surfers, digital nomads, expats and hip(ie)sters. When we traveled to Bali in 2009, we would only drive to Canggu for surf. Deus and Crate were the first spots to pop up in Canggu after a few years and after that countless cafes, restaurants, shops and homestays we’re build up rapidly while young travelers massively fell in love with Canggu and it turned into a true little hipster enclave. Don’t expect cultural travel inspiration here, for that absolutely add other area’s in Bali to your travel itinerary like east coast or inland towards Ubud.
Batu Bolong is the main street in Canggu. Batu Bolong leads to Batu Bolong Beach, where the famous party hangout Old Mans is located and our favorite sunset spot The Lawn. Paralel to Batu Bolong you’ll find the street that will lead you to Echo Beach. Both streets are filled with amazing cafes and hangouts. What probably the nice thing in comparison with Seminyak is that it’s still very nice to stroll along the little streets, as taxi’s aren’t allowed as a tourist you won’t be ‘toot tooted’ at every 2 seconds.
Fun things in the area
Too many to name!! Everything is literally around the corner of the villa and easy to walk to. Get some bicycles or a motorbike to cruise around the neighborhood or do day trips to Uluwatu or hiking to Mount Batur. Here are a few favorites on walking distance of Villa Puri Aman:
– Brekkie: next door at The Slow! (Nuts & Seeds toast + pancakes are fave!)
– Coffee fix: Fika (ps. cinnamon buns!) and The Slow
– Surf: Batu Bolong for beginners and surf lessons or Pererenan Beach for intermediate
– Yoga: The Practice or Samedi
– Workout: The Canggu Studio
– Lunch: Shady Shack, Warung Koi or Warung Bumi
– Pamper: Gold Dust Spa and Maria Curau non-toxic vegan nail spa (5 minutes drive to Pererenan)
– Sunset: The Lawn Canggu
– Dinner: Lacalita (Mexican), La Baracca (Italian), Ulekan (Indonesian) and Milk & Madu
– Bar Hangs (or a little dance): Deus, The Slow, Old Mans (too busy for us but super popular) and the Pretty Poison skatebowl
About Villa Puri Aman
When we stepped inside the house we felt at home and at ease immediately. So spacious, light and with all open glass doors to the pool area and view on the ricefields.. and that in the middle of the heart of Canggu! Every morning miss Ketut comes in and brings fresh pastries from Monsieur Spoon. She makes tea and coffee, she is the sweetest ever! Other staff Sammie takes care of anything you need and at night there is security. Felt super safe!
What we like
- The location is perfect: only 500 meters from Batu Bolong beach and close to all Canggu’s amazing cafes and hangouts
- Ketut and Sammie are amazing, all smiles and sweetness. And contact with the owners when we had questions was fast and they are super sweet!
- The house is located in a quiet gang, we didn’t here any party animals at night! (and there are quite some driving home from Old Mans every night)
- The view on the rice field in front of the house from the bed room, living room and swimming pool is amazing
- Wifi is fast. Yay.
- Best bed and sheets ever. Slept like babies. And what this at home.
Enjoy our little photo diary of our stay!
See Villa Puri Aman on Booking.com here
See Villa Puri Aman on Airbnb hereWearing SWF Boutique Wearing Wanderlust Bali Bikinis Wearing Fella Swim Wearing Faithfull the Brand Wearing SWF BoutiqueWearing Pared Eyewear